LA, Oct. 3. 2010
- I’m sorry to hear that you and mom had to eat Ol’ Blue, but not to worry, out in the Far East lots of dogs are eaten every day. Rats too.
- Yes, indeed you are right, these are hard times, and from the sad picture you sent me of "Rooster", it's pretty evident that times are as hard back at the farm as they are here.
- Somehow I’ve made it this far though, but not everyone is as lucky as I am…judging from what I see and hear. After all, I have heard about parents in Beverly Hills and Malibu who have fired their nannies and now struggle to learn their children's names.
- As you know, I’m not much of a golfer myself, but many CEO's are in fact now playing miniature golf, and rumors say that Dick Cheney took his stockbroker hunting last week.!
- The economy is in fact so bad here that people start getting pre-declined credit cards in the mail, and when I had the money to order a burger at McDonald's the other day, the kid behind the counter asked if I could afford fries with it. McDonald's did also started selling their new 1/4 "ouncer" a couple of weeks back.
- Last week a truckload of Americans was caught sneaking into Mexico, and it was reported that BP Oil had laid off 25 Congressmen… and the Mafia is laying off judges! Can you believe that?
- And today the CBS News reported that Congress says they will start looking into the Bernard Madoff scandal. Incredible! The guy who made $50 Billion disappear is being investigated by the people who made $1.5 Trillion disappear! Just incredible!
- My neighbor told me he was so depressed one night last week, thinking about the economy, wars, jobs, his disappearing savings, Social Security, retirement funds, and the very bleak future, that he called the Suicide Lifeline. He was connected to a call center in Pakistan, and when he told them he was suicidal, they got all excited, and asked if he could drive a truck.
Say hello to mom!
My depressed neighbor is the IT-guy I told you about, living in the card board box to the left of the entrance to my tent. They’ve sent him a ticket, and he’ll leave for Pakistan tomorrow morning.
Cats taste terrific too!